Monday, March 06, 2006

And the Oscar Goes To……

My son and I just finished watching the Oscars with our friend Kathy, her two boys, Spencer and Taylor, and their 4 month old puppy, Sam. Sam enjoyed his first play date with our 3 year old beagle, Lenny. We had an absolutely wonderful evening.

I had been thinking about the Oscars all day. Of course it was hard not to, given red carpet coverage started at around 4 a.m., and, with the exception of The Animal Planet, no matter what station I tuned into, the Oscars were the dominating story.

Imagine if we could stage our own personal Oscar show. Who would the stars in your life be? What was the performance of those in your circle of influence this past year? What award(s) would they qualify for? What award(s) would you qualify for? I’d like to share with you a few people, whose performance this past year are deserving of the following awards. All have touched my heart immensely and have been an astonishing influence in my life this past year.

The Oscar for Outstanding Leading Lady goes to my mom, who always has the greatest words of encouragement, is one of the strongest women I know, and who earnestly believes that despite the many wonderful accomplishments I’ve achieved in my life, that there are still greater things I’ve yet to reach.

The Oscar for Outstanding Leading Man goes to my dad, who was the first man I fell in love with, is always a gentleman, (he still opens the car door for my mom), and is one of the smartest men I know. He also makes the best popovers on the planet.

The Oscar for Supportive Friend goes to my friend Christine, whose compassion, support and love was unwavering during one of the most difficult times of my life and has continued long since. Along with her friendship, she gave both me and my son the gift of her family, Dave, Katey and Jacob; as well as the honor of being called family when we are all together.

The Oscar for Outstanding Writing goes to my friend Kathy Doughtie, who recently published her phenomenally funny and poignant book, Aphrodite in Jeans. I’ve learned so much from her journey as a writer and applaud her on her amazing success. Be sure to check out her book at
www.aphroditeinjeans.com.

The Oscar for Friend With a Beautiful Soul (this is a new category) goes to my friend Tim who never judges me, has been a life saver and inspiration with regard to my health and is one of the sweetest, kindest people I’ve had the blessing of knowing.

The Oscar for Best Original Score goes to my ex-husband, Peter who writes some of the most beautiful, moving and inspiring music I’ve ever heard. He was recently nominated for a Grammy award for his work Ellis Island, The Dream of America. You can hear some of his music at
www.propulsivemusic.com. Peter is also a wonderful father to our son, Stephen and one of the best friends an ex-wife could desire.

The Oscar for Outstanding Young Actor in a Lead Role goes to my son Stephen who makes being his mother the greatest joy on earth. His unconditional love, innocence, hilarious sense of humor, brilliance and boundless energy are a supreme delight.

The Oscar for Best Comedy goes to all three of my brothers, David, Jason and Craig; all of whom are hysterically funny and make me laugh until my sides hurt. Additionally, they are the most loving, protective and sweetest brothers (and uncle’s to my son), a girl could ask for.

The Oscar for Best Director goes to my Pastor, Pastor Jim Reeves, whose passion for the direction of the lives of his congregation shines through every Sunday in his moving and uplifting sermons. Through the inspiration of his teachings, I am challenged daily to live my best life possible.

I am truly blessed to have such remarkable Stars walking the red carpet of my life. You all have my admiration, heartfelt gratitude and eternal round of applause.

1 comment:

Susie Guilbault said...

I think it is very interesting that Pastor Jim Reeves is your pastor! I used to attend Faith Community Church and have some dear friends who are close friends to Jim and Margarite? Anyway, he's a very spirit filled pastor, one I always enjoyed listening and learning from. Nice blog page, I enjoy reading about your life! Love, Susie