It would be so easy to sit back and feel sorry for myself. To hole myself up in my bed all weekend and play the “woe is me” card. Anyone who knows me, knows all too well, self-pity is not in my DNA. Truth be told, the martyr and victim mentality is a pet peeve of mine.What I’m choosing to do is have an attitude of gratitude for all the pleasant moments life brought this week.
- Gratitude for a lovely home cooked dinner and the warm fellowship shared with my friends as we watched the Golden Globes.
- Gratitude for hitting a 17 pound weight loss since November 1st.
- Gratitude for the special bonding time with my son as we brainstormed over a new script for his next movie.
- Gratitude for the success one of my brothers is experiencing in his new job
- Gratitude for wonderful people in my life who have reached out this week to offer support
- Gratitude for the gorgeous drive I have to work every morning that helps reset my soul and remind me of all the amazingly wonderful blessings in my life
- Gratitude for the unexpected, kind words of a friend that put a smile on my face, even if just for an hour
- Gratitude for the lessons I’m learning through the difficult situations I’m facing
- Gratitude for good wine at the end of the day to help erase all the yucky parts of the day J
As this next week approaches, I eagerly look forward to gaining victory over the shortcomings and difficulties experienced these past several days. I’ve left enough tread marks on this earth to know that the solutions will present themselves and I will press on. I’m also looking forward to the many new blessings yet to be bestowed and potential hidden gems that will lift my spirit even higher. I bid adieu to last week and all the turmoil it brought and welcome with open arms the week ahead and all of its renewed possibilities!