Tuesday, September 08, 2009

I Didn't Know My Own Strength!


I've recently gone through a series of very difficult circumstances, both personally and professionally. Serious life altering changes that on the onset rocked my world considerably! As with most adversities I’ve faced in life, I took a long, hard look at each situation, searched for answers, and a way to grow as a professional and as a human being. I’ll admit there have been moments when I would have preferred to stay curled up in bed in the fetal position crying my eyes out and feeling sorry for myself. In the long run that only yields a bad sinus headache and an even deeper sense of despair. I consider myself more of a Phoenix; always rising above the ashes (or at least out of bed) after some form of destruction has hit my life. These past few months have been no different.

This morning I downloaded Whitney Houston’s new single “I Didn’t Know My Own Strength”. The words spoke so deeply to my heart. The triumph and empowerment she sings of are things I can profoundly relate to. We all get beaten down and battered by the trials and tribulations of life; especially in these tough global and economic times. What keeps us on the path to victory is when we make that instinctive choice to persevere and pick up our proverbial swords and keep fighting. In doing so, we see unfold before us a strength so immensely powerful. A strength we didn't know was residing in us all the while. A strength that will sustain us through to the end allowing us to claim insurmountable triumph and victory.

Thank you Whitney for this song of incredible strength and for the demons you clearly had to overcome in order to sing these words with the amazing conviction and fortitude you did! Way to go!!

1 comment:

Gemma Wilson said...

Beautiful and such an uplifting song...