Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Can someone please tell where the month of April went?

I was speaking with my good friend, Bill, last night when he nudged me about why he hasn't seen any new blogs lately. He's absolutely right, I'm way overdue in making an entry in my blog. I've been like a mad canine running around the dog park chasing his tail. Between my son's school commitments, work, family, church, working out, taking care of my home and a recent visit to the East Coast, I've been extended beyond belief. Having said this, let me share with you a few highlights of this past month.

The beginning of April brought a wonderful yellow sheet of paper home from my son's school, informing parents that the students had been exposed to head lice. I don't know how many of you have encountered these nasty little buggers, but they have the power to bring a well decorated soldier to his/her knees. For something smaller than a sesame seed, they can produce a colossal amount of frustration. Thankfully, we were able to get my son's lice under control with the help of my good friend Kathy, who purchased an arsenal of lice ridding products from The Hair Fairies in Los Angeles. Apparently, they are the Mecca for head lice obliteration. After countless treatments and hours of literal nit picking, I'm proud to say, we have conquer the little vermin.

The middle of April took my son and me to the East Coast for some much needed time with our extended families. I'll share more detail regarding my visit in another blog; however, I will say that this particular visit was wonderful on so many levels. Of course, I nearly put my son and me on the government's watch list when I inadvertently took the wrong flight back to California. We were technically stow away's enjoying a free flight to Las Vegas, all the while, savoring the lovely inflight fare of peanuts, warm soft drinks, and an odd form of cheesy cracker bites. Are crackers supposed to be neon orange? We eventually got to our destination after being rerouted through Orange County, having to pick up our luggage in San Bernadino County, and finally making it back home, three hours after the fact, to LA County.

The end of April brought my 41st birthday. My friend Christine sent me a birthday email saying "Now you're really sexy". I love how women my age embrace our bodies, our sexuality, and own who we are. She's right, I am really sexy now. I've come into my own and am very excited about what the next 41 years of my life (and then some) have to hold. I think the most special moment of my birthday was hearing a voice message from my mother singing happy birthday to me. That was sweeter than any gift I could have wished for.

May is already turning out to be an interesting month and we're only three days into it. I promise to kick up the anti on my blog entries. It's good to know there are those of you out there who care and enjoying reading my posts
.

1 comment:

Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Hope you enjoyed your visit to the East Coast...our destinations are usually to the West Coast (not to see family) although many of them reside around there.

I met my husband on Dec.31,1959 on Colorado Blvd. while waiting for the Tournament of Roses Parade to begin the following morning.
He has since died, but I have remained here in Ky.

Thanks for, just happening by to see me and please come again.