Sunday, March 26, 2006

Down By The Ocean

The following is a poem I wrote as a birthday gift for a dear friend of mine. Sometimes there's nothing so peaceful or reviving as sitting by the ocean and taking in the beauty that so richly surrounds us.

Down By the Ocean

Down by the ocean, down by the sea;
is my haven of peace and my spirit soars free.

As the gentle waves upon the sand arrive;
it is here by the seaside that I feel most alive.

As the tide’s gentle breeze blows mist on my face;
this, my heart’s sanctuary, I fully embrace.

I delight in the sun’s hues as on the horizon she sets;
as I empty my soul of pain and regrets.

Like a new day dawning when the tide rolls in;
it is here, by the ocean that my journeys begin.

Joy, love and happiness are now my life’s quest;
until I have achieved these, my heart knows no rest.

My soul rides the waves of the ocean’s white peaks;
as these precious gifts of life my heart earnestly seeks.

A better being I’ve become as by the seaside I sit;
for it is here that life’s fire in my soul has been lit.

Down by the ocean, down by the sea;
is my haven of peace and my spirit soars free.
copyright © 2005

2 comments:

Susie Guilbault said...

Loriann, Bob has been using "probiotics" for the past 2 years. He suffered terribly from allergies and had to take prescription medication every day. In the past 2 years, he has had to take 2 allegras, that's it. It's the good bacteria that lives in your intestines and I guess that is where the allergies come from. Hope all is well with you and give Stephen a hug for me. He probably doesn't remember me but I remember him, especially as I watched Harry Potter over and over this weekend - Susie

Anonymous said...

It is really a very beautiful and a heart rendering poem. Just goes to show the kind of person you are. I agree w/u that one should take the time to really appreciate this wonderful gift- called Life, we are blessed with.

Good Luck!!

Anudeep